open casa modules

Elisa Giaretta

Oct 18, 2021, 9:42:26 AM10/18/21
to opencasa_m...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
I would like to start using the OpenCasa system for the concentration assay. Where can I find a user guide for this specific module? What kind of image does it need? Does it need a hemocytometer (such as Burker or Thoma chambers)?
As for morphometry and functionality modules, do they work only with  images from a fluorescence microscope?
Thank you,
best regards
Elisa

Dr. Elisa Giaretta, DVM, PhD
Veterinary Physiology
Department of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science
Viale dell'Università, 16 - 35020 Legnaro (PD), Polo di Agripolis

Felipe Martínez Pastor

Oct 18, 2021, 2:23:28 PM10/18/21
to opencasa_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The concentration module should work for any chamber, hemocytometer or
specific for sperm such as ISAS or Leja (just add information for
camera/microscope image calibration and chamber depth). I'm sorry I
cannot say more, I just tested it once just for trying.
Best wishes,
Felipe

rosperez

Oct 19, 2021, 2:55:41 AM10/19/21
to Elisa Giaretta, opencasa_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elisa,
The Sperm Concentration Module was validated using a Neubauer chamber because it is the reference method according WHO, but we validated it also using  a Makler chamber and it works also well.
Kind regards,
Rosaura

Rosaura Pérez Pe
Dp. Biochemistry and Molecular and Cell Biology
Environmental Sciences Institute of Aragón (IUCA)
Faculty of Veterinary
University of Zaragoza
C/ Miguel Servet 177
50013- Zaragoza
Spain
Phone: 34-976- 762836
Fax: 34-976- 761612

jyaniz

Oct 19, 2021, 3:11:54 AM10/19/21
to Elisa Giaretta, opencasa_m...@googlegroups.com
Dear Elisa,

In addition to what has already been commented by Felipe and Rosaura, we
still do not have a specific user guide for this
module, but it's really simple. You need to use .jpg images. You have to
indicate in settings the scale, depth of the camera, and the limits of
the sperm head size, it works well with different models. The module was
validated with phase contrast images (please see attached reference
paper) and probably also works well with some fluorescence images.

Best regards,

Jesús

--
Jesús Yániz Pérez de Albéniz
Catedrático de Universidad (Full Professor in Animal Science)