Basics Video for motility analysis

Munish Bedi

Nov 14, 2019, 8:36:22 AM11/14/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Can anybody please post video record  of the  basic steps of how to import  do motility analysis for bovine spermatozoa analysis in open CASA (I am a novice in Image J)

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 15, 2019, 4:48:46 PM11/15/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hi Munish!
Do you know how to install OpenCASA in ImageJ? If you can install the plugin, it is very easy. Just click on the motility menu, select for example file analysis, and just look for the .avi in your filesystem.

I hope it helps you,
Best,
Carlos

lindsayspen

Nov 15, 2019, 6:40:30 PM11/15/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hey Munish and Carlos,
I have developed a protocol for using OpenCASA including dealing with non .avi files. I will send it when I have access to my laptop!

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 16, 2019, 12:29:53 PM11/16/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hi Lindsay,
great work!! With which formats can you work right now? Is it integrated with the OpenCASA source code?

lindsayspen

Nov 16, 2019, 11:42:35 PM11/16/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Here is my protocol. It is not integrated to source code, it is just step by step instructions. The file type conversion should work for all types I think, it uses FFmpeg.

Hopefully it's useful for you Munish and anyone else. Let me know if you need any info or anything.
OpenCASA_ protocol_09092019.docx

Felipe Martínez Pastor

Nov 17, 2019, 6:26:11 AM11/17/19
to opencasa_m...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Lindsay, very useful, taught me a couple of tips, specially on
video conversion (never had time to investigate that).
Bests,
Felipe

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 17, 2019, 10:51:57 AM11/17/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Thanks a lot Lidsay!
Great work summarizing all these steps.

Just to give you an update, we have changed a little bit the structure of the repository, and currently the user manual is at this link: https://github.com/calquezar/OpenCASA/blob/master/executables/v1.0/Users%20manual%20v1.0.pdf

The reason is that a new version of the plugin is comming, and we have adapted the respository to maintain both versions.

We will inform you in the near future about the new features added to the OpenCASA v2.0 :)

Best!
Carlos

Munish Bedi

Nov 20, 2019, 12:44:35 PM11/20/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Thanks for the great effort .....and trying to analyse the things ....hope it works

Carlos Alquezar

Feb 9, 2022, 8:23:39 AM2/9/22
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Thank you Lindsay! I just was looking for the command to convert a video and I found it very quickly in your protocol.

Thank you for sharing this kind of things.

Best,
Carlos