Specifications and where to buy the negative phase contrast microscope compatible for motility analysis module?

Deneb Maldonado

Jun 26, 2020, 1:36:06 PM6/26/20
to OpenCASA Mailing List

Hello group, is there any recommendation of where to buy the microscope needed and which characteristics does it need to have aside the 10X neg phase contrast objective? I found a supplier based on China but I am afraid it might end up in scam, his webpage is: www.uopmicroscope.com, have anyone bought from him?

Any information is welcome, thanks a lot!

Felipe Martínez Pastor

Jun 26, 2020, 2:15:07 PM6/26/20
to opencasa_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I mostly know about Nikon and Olympus. Good optics really helps a lot.
Now with LED illumination you don't need a high-range model, so even if
from a respected brand prices are quite acceptable. Only thing is the
negative phase-contrast optics. Realize it increases price quite a lot.
No idea about that brand, be wary and in any case check the optics are
correct.
Best wishes,
Felipe