Why jpg files crash the OpenCASA

Yuansheng Tan

Nov 18, 2019, 7:09:51 PM11/18/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hi All,

Did anyone figure out why  opening jpg files crashes the OpenCASA in Morhpometry analysis?  I can not get any file working other than the sample file shipped with OpenCASA.

Tony

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 18, 2019, 7:13:21 PM11/18/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hi Tony,
I do not know why this is happening. Could you send a sample image to make a test?

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 18, 2019, 7:34:22 PM11/18/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
I have made some tests and maybe the reason why the software is not working with your jpg images is that your images are in grayscale (8-bit format).

Just to test this hypothesis, try this:
  1. Select one of your images and load it to ImageJ.
  2. Go to Image -> Type and select "RGB Color"
  3. Save image (File -> Save As.., and select JPG or PNG)
Now open OpenCASA and try to analyze this saved image. If it works, we have found the problem.

Please, let me know if you try these steps.
Carlos

Yuansheng Tan

Nov 19, 2019, 1:26:56 AM11/19/19
to Carlos Alquezar, OpenCASA Mailing List
Carlos,

You are right.  The file format is required to be in RGB format.

Thanks!

Tony

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 19, 2019, 2:21:28 AM11/19/19
to OpenCASA Mailing List
You are welcome.
Thank you for sharing the problem, it makes it easier to improve the software :)

For the moment, if it is not a big incovenient, try to work with rgb images, and I will try to adapt the code to not depend only in this format.

Best,
Carlos