Tracking tail human sperm

Claudia De Clemente

Nov 7, 2021, 5:57:34 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hello, My name is Claudia.
I'm using openCASA to tack human sperm cells, acquired with a 100x objective, at 100 fps. It is tracking a point along the tail and not the head, and is a very poor result.
Has anyone a suggestion on how to make this work?
Thank you
Claudia

Claudia De Clemente

Nov 7, 2021, 6:02:41 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List
track.PNG
settings.PNG

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 7, 2021, 6:03:35 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hi Claudia,
asumming that the point is smaller than the head, try to increase the minimum cell size parameter in the motility settings. Maybe that will make the point disappear.

If the problem persists, try to send us an image in order to figure out what is happening.

Best,
Carlos

Julian Valencia

Nov 7, 2021, 6:26:40 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List

Buenos días

Queria consultar cual es el mínimo fps de la cámara para el OpenCASA y que camara me recomiendan que tambien sirva para fluorescencia a la vez?

Muchas gracias

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 7, 2021, 6:34:57 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hola Javier,
te recomiendo que abras un nuevo hilo para tu consulta, ya que éste trata sobre otra cosa diferente. En que lo abras te intentamos ayudar por allí :)

Gracias,
Carlos

Carlos Alquezar

Nov 7, 2021, 6:37:39 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List
He dicho Javier pero quería decir Julian :s perdona.

claudia de clemente

Nov 7, 2021, 6:41:11 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List

Hi Carlos, thank you for your answer! If I set the min cell size bigger than 50, openCASA gets stuck on a certain frame and blocks. The image is attached to another mail.

I’ve tried to make the background black and set the min cell size to 40, but the results are still bad. I guess there are incompatibilities with the video.

Nov 7, 2021, 6:47:50 AM11/7/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hi Claudia,
the problem I see is that the tail is seen with a high contrast and it is possible that the software can not separate the head with the rest of the body before the tracking process. Could you send me a sample video to make just a few tests? If it is not problem to you, send it via wetransfer.com to calqu...@gmail.com.  I just want to see if I can remove the tail with some preprocessing of the video.

I wonder if working at 100x is too much zoom. Would it be ok to your experiments to work with lower amplification? Maybe with lower amplification, the tail blurs and the software can isolate the heads.

Felipe Martínez Pastor

Nov 7, 2021, 10:50:09 AM11/7/21
to opencasa_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Following Carlos, I wonder if you really need such a large
magnification. I never tried higher than 10x, but it sure works well at
such setting (including human).
Moreover, not sure about the optics. Clearfield with high contrast or
phase contrast but positive (dark cells)? Maybe others can shed some
light here, but I believe that OC works better with negative contrast
(also, 10-20X).
Anyway, if you need to use this setting for solving some kind of
problem, it could be very interesting maybe even for a separate module
in OC. Sometimes we find very specific problems in applications, and
human clinic could be one of them. Yes, high magnifications are the norm.
Best wishes,
Felipe