hidden files in AVI folders could cause problems with Directory or Multiple directories analyses

Felipe Martínez Pastor

May 25, 2021, 5:26:28 AM5/25/21
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Hi,

Almost by accident I discovered that .DS_Store hidden files created by
MacOS X could prevent OpenCASA from working correctly. When processing
directories (single or multiple), OpenCASA processes AVI and even save
videos with tracks but not the csv (results).

I also discovered that when you move files from MacOS to Windows, you
can see .DS_Store, but new ._.DS_Store files (Windows hidded) are created.

If you are having this kind of errors and there is MacOS in your
workflow, you might want to check for these hidden files in your
directories (select "view hidded files" or similar). Other files and
naming issues could also prevent the analysis from working correctly
(e.g., dots in the filenames).

For MacOS/*NIX systems, this Terminal command could come handy:

find ./ -name .DS_Store -exec rm -- {} \;

That one should remove all .DS_Store files in your path from the
directory you execute it (or replace your working directory for ./). Use
carefully. .DS_Store are not critical, but they contain preferences for
the containing directory.

Bet regards,

Felipe