Motility parameters settings

Munish Bedi

Sep 30, 2020, 2:41:10 PM9/30/20
to OpenCASA Mailing List
 I am trying to analyze the frozen thawed sperm video of buffalo based on parameters on research publication attached alongwith ...
on feeding a sample video no analysis is done by casa 2.0.....
video was captured at 10x phase contrast 120 frames with 60frame rate........
please suggest default settings for this  and reasons why motility analysis failed.....

2-09292020102526-0000_1gSjXMrU.compressed.avi
kumar.pdf

Carlos Alquezar

Oct 1, 2020, 8:43:36 AM10/1/20
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Dear Munish,
you will try to go into detail to set the rest of the parameters properly, but just to begin, you have to set the microns per pixel, minimum and maximum sperm size parameters. The problem I found is that your cells are smaller than the ones used to validate the software, and the  default parameters do not work. I attach a simple test I have made.
0.10 s.jpg

Munish Bedi

Oct 2, 2020, 1:49:24 PM10/2/20
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Thanks.....do you suggest that images may be captured at 20x magnification rather than 10x for software to analyse images correctly.....secondly I am using microscope camera with specification

 I suppose that the setting in motility module will be  micron/pixel will be 0.586 at 10x and 0.293 at 20x in my case...can you please confirm.......

Munish Bedi

Oct 2, 2020, 1:52:37 PM10/2/20
to OpenCASA Mailing List
I am using camera with specifications--
2.3MP,  pixel size 5.86,  1920* 1080

Carlos Alquezar

Oct 15, 2020, 6:21:27 AM10/15/20
to OpenCASA Mailing List
Dear Munish,
I would recommend to you to try with both magnifications in a small dataset, and see which one works better.

Best,
Carlos