Issue 33 in opencamlib: Release 719 to 720 includes cutsim for all?

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 24, 2011, 8:00:33 PM4/24/11
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 33 by tha_krea...@hotmail.com: Release 719 to 720 includes cutsim
for all?
http://code.google.com/p/opencamlib/issues/detail?id=33

Before 719 I could build without cutsime fine.
From 720 and on I can no longer build I always get problems with #include
<QObject> in gldata.h included via octree and part of cutsim.

I've looked for the missing libs but can't seem to find em, and I have qt3
and qt4 -dev installed.

Seems like a few lines were added to the include in 719 are causing me a
world of hurt...

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 25, 2011, 10:01:53 AM4/25/11
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 33 by anders.e...@gmail.com: Release 719 to 720

the experimental cutting simulation requires qt 4.7 which comes with Ubuntu
10.10.

You can delete your old CMakeCache.txt, then run
cmake -i
and select if you want to build the cutting simulation. if you select OFF,
you should be able to build without qt 4.7

the cutting simulation is currently very experimental and not useful for
anyone who is not a developer and wants to play with it and do programming.

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 25, 2011, 3:04:51 PM4/25/11
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 33 by tha_krea...@hotmail.com: Release 719 to 720

Cutting simulation is off, but there are dependancys in ocl requiring it.
These seem to have been introduced in 720. My config lists that cutting
simulation will NOT be built, yet it does (and fails). Tested all releases
up to 723.
Target seems to be ALL regardless of command to make. ("make ocl" vs "make
cutsim" vs "make all" build same.) Manually removing cutsim from Makefile2
fixes this but fails due to dependancies.

Something has happened, and I don't know the build system well enough to
pinpoint it, but it appears to start at 719->720.

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 26, 2011, 1:05:01 AM4/26/11
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 33 by anders.e...@gmail.com: Release 719 to 720

could you try r724 which I just committed?
If you don't have Qt 4.7+ you should build with the setting "will NOT build
ocl cutting simulation"

most of the python scripts related to the old cutting simulation will not
work now. I hope to add some c++ examples for the new cutting sim
eventually.

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 26, 2011, 6:07:18 AM4/26/11
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 33 by tha_krea...@hotmail.com: Release 719 to 720

r724 builds correctly again on ubuntu 10.04 (shipped on EMC2 live cd) and
it seems like the zigzag paths are ok atleast. I was hoping for less
leakage in the waterlevel procedures from heeksCNC but I guess that's
another story.
Will be looking into that later.

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 26, 2011, 6:11:19 AM4/26/11
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 33 by tha_krea...@hotmail.com: Release 719 to 720

One thing: I really wish opencamlib would use tags so that other
instructions could say to check out a specific tag tested and known to work
with their respective releases. As-is most just say to check out trunk
which is very unstable...
A major-versioned tag that is moved up as development progresses, and
incremented whenever compatibility is broken would help a lot...

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 27, 2011, 3:11:47 AM4/27/11
to openc...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 33 by anders.e...@gmail.com: Release 719 to 720

Yes, tags are probably a good idea. I will have to learn how they work and
how to transfer stuff from trunk to the 'stable' tag.

openc...@googlecode.com

Apr 19, 2012, 1:34:07 AM4/19/12
to openc...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #7 on issue 33 by anders.e...@gmail.com: Release 719 to 720

closing issue.
my cutsim experiments are now on github as separate projects.
https://github.com/aewallin/cutsim
and
https://github.com/aewallin/libcutsim
also see the OpenSCAM work by Joseph Coffland
http://openscam.com/