Additional Commands

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 20, 2008, 10:56:08 PM7/20/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com

I am interested in knowing about FoldSelectSnps (http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind/wiki/FoldSelectSnps) and SnpUtilityComputer (http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind/wiki/SnpUtilityComputer). These two commands are mentioned in the Wiki, however, not in the tutorial. The Wiki does contain an example of FoldSelectSnps, however, it does not contain any example for FoldSelectSnps. Can someone please update that?

Moreover, are there any other commands, other than those mentioned at http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind/wiki/CommandList? If there are some commands that we are planning in the future, then I can try to make wizards from them too.

--

Thanks,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Lúcio de Souza Coelho

Jul 21, 2008, 1:28:46 PM7/21/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com
The reason for not including the SNP-related commands into the
tutorial is that I still consider them "under development". One of the
reasons for that is that our research on how to extract the most from
SNP data is still ongoing - for instance, while dealing with a
research project on the analysis of a large SNP dataset for the past
few months, I came up with new methods for recognising SNP patterns
that are better than the ones currently implemented in OpenBiomind,
and so the SNP module is expected to suffer a major refactoring in the
near future. Therefore, I don't feel that the SNP commands are mature
enough to be GUI-zed at this point...