Possible values?

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 13, 2008, 1:46:17 AM7/13/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I have following queries:

1.       Are there any fixed values for –targetCategory option? Or it depends on source dataset?

2.       What all are the possible value for –t transform option of ClusteringTransformer task? Are horizontal and vertical the only possible values?

3.       What all are the possible value for –datasetClusteringMetric option of Clusterize task? Are Euclidean and Cosine the the only possible values?

--

Thanks,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Lúcio de Souza Coelho

Jul 13, 2008, 3:29:34 PM7/13/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Bhavesh Sanghvi
<bsan...@cs.iastate.edu> wrote:
(...)

> 1. Are there any fixed values for –targetCategory option? Or it
> depends on source dataset?

It depends on the source dataset. Ideally, the interface should check
the existing categories in the dataset in order to create a drop-down
list or a similar GUI widget to allow the user to choose the desired
target category.

> 2. What all are the possible value for –t transform option of
> ClusteringTransformer task? Are horizontal and vertical the only possible
> values?

No, as you can see in the Wiki page for that command
(http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind/wiki/ClusteringTransformer)
there are also the MUTIC and MOBRA transforms.

> 3. What all are the possible value for –datasetClusteringMetric option
> of Clusterize task? Are Euclidean and Cosine the the only possible values?

(...)

So far, yes.

Ben Goertzel

Jul 13, 2008, 8:46:11 PM7/13/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com
I have a naive, possibly stupid question about this Java UI being
created for OpenBiomind

Will it be possible to embed this Java UI as an applet in a Web page,
so as to offer OpenBiomind as a Web-based utility? Or will it have to
be downloaded and run as an application (I know the latter is the
default case we're thinking of, but I'm wondering if the Web-applet
approach will also be possible)

thx
ben

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be
first overcome " - Dr Samuel Johnson

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 13, 2008, 10:25:10 PM7/13/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com
It is being developed as Eclipse RCP application. I do not think that there
is some way to run it inside a browser.

--
Thanks,
Bhavesh Sanghvi

Ben Goertzel

Jul 13, 2008, 10:41:37 PM7/13/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com
This page

http://eclipsenuggets.blogspot.com/2007/09/see-how-you-can-make-rcp-application.html

suggests that in some cases it's possible to make an RCP application
run in the browser with minimal effort, but I don't know what the
limitations of the technique described are.

-- Ben

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 14, 2008, 10:33:21 AM7/14/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this link. It looks promising. I will spend some time and check
if it is able to port our application in browser. It will be really
interesting to do that.

Actually I looked at this April Fool link at
http://recoskie.blogspot.com/2008/04/sneak-peak-eclipse-in-browser.html and
thought that it is not possible presently :(

P.S. Changed the subject of e-mail.

--
Thanks,
Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 14, 2008, 3:04:36 PM7/14/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com
I looked for RAP (other than that blog, I found few more interesting links
on http://www.eclipse.org/rap/). While it is quite interesting, I do not
think that we can port OpenBiomind-GUI to RAP (easily and just now), as it
is dependent on a lot of RCP plug-ins, and not all of them are provided in
RAP yet.
However, I think that I want to look more into RAP. If it is fine, I can
look into those after the implementation of the remaining commands.

--
Best,