Status of OpenBiomind-GUI

1 view

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jun 24, 2008, 2:02:22 PM6/24/08
to Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openc...@googlegroups.com, openb...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

The revision 15 of http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/ has the following capabilities:

1.       Preference page

2.       Enhance Dataset task can be run using a Wizard

a.       It will show a progress bar while executing the task

3.       At the end of command, opens the enhanced dataset in read-only mode

4.       Most of the strings are externalized

[ Dataset Transformer task and File List are just a placeholders for now. The status line at the bottom is also not being used much for now. Show View in Windows menu will show extra views that are not being used. I need to find a proper way to remove those. ]

Please download the source and import the project in Eclipse 3.4 for RCP development (I am using RC3, final version releases tomorrow – I will try to put detailed instructions on Wiki soon). You can run OpenBiomind-GUI.product as Eclipse application. (You may like to enable Console View from the Show View menu option in Windows menu.) Presently, I am using standard icons provided by Eclipse.

I have been facing a lot of issues in using EditorPart (especially when I tried to open the file using IFileEditorInput and IFile). I am looking for a good resource/tutorial for using that. If you are aware about something helpful, please let me know.

Please let me know about your feedback on the tool.

--

Best,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz

Jun 24, 2008, 2:07:31 PM6/24/08
to Bhavesh Sanghvi, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openc...@googlegroups.com, openb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bhavesh, I'll take a look at the code.

Could you please build a release (using Eclipse Product export wizard) ? It doesn't matter if it's a Linux or Windows executable. This would help those interested that don't have Eclipse 3.4 installed.

Murilo Q.
--
Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, MSc.
Senior Software Engineer

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jun 24, 2008, 2:15:45 PM6/24/08
to Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openc...@googlegroups.com, openb...@googlegroups.com

I added a few snapshots. Please find them at the following links:

Preferences page: http://imagebin.org/21495

Enhance Dataset Wizard: http://imagebin.org/21497

OpenBiomind-GUI: http://imagebin.org/21498

--

Best,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jun 24, 2008, 2:26:13 PM6/24/08
to Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openc...@googlegroups.com, openb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Murilo,

Actually, making a release build is not a problem. But the problem is that its size is more than 18 MB (it includes all plug-ins and I checked this last week) and  once something has been added in downloads of Google Code, neither can it be overwritten nor can it be deleted. So it will use up 18 MB out of 100 MB that are available.

I thought of checking it in the repository. But I am not sure if multiple versions of the file would still add up towards my quota of 100 MB? Can you suggest about this?

Alternatively, is it fine to upload that file (huge) on OpenCog wiki page?

--

Best,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz

Jun 24, 2008, 2:45:19 PM6/24/08
to Bhavesh Sanghvi, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openc...@googlegroups.com, openb...@googlegroups.com
 I don't know about what will be our policy for OpenCog wiki, but for now you can upload it to my private FTP server. I'll send you the details in another email.

This folder has read-only access so other people will be able to access the files:

http://muriloq.com/openbiomind

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jun 24, 2008, 5:20:14 PM6/24/08
to Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openc...@googlegroups.com, openb...@googlegroups.com

I’ve uploaded the file at the required  location. It is now accessible from http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/openbiomind-gui-0.0.0-20080624-dev.zip.

This will run in Windows. Please extract and run openbiomind-gui\eclipse.exe.

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 1, 2008, 2:02:25 PM7/1/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com, openc...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Please find the latest version of OpenBiomind-GUI at http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/openbiomind-gui-0.0.1.20080701-dev.zip.

Following changes have been made in this version:

1.       The files used in a task are now listed as linked files in the Executed Tasks view (Navigator)

2.       The wizards now show errors, warnings, and information using field decorators

3.       In the Enhance Dataset task wizard, a read-only field displays path of the Enhanced dataset file (combination of directory and file)

4.       Added actions like Save, Close, Revert for the opened file

5.       Added a custom splash screen and custom icons for various tasks (if someone has a suggestion for better image/icon, please let me know)

6.       Added place holders for all the tasks

Please give me your comments and suggestions.

--

Thanks,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 4, 2008, 6:08:48 PM7/4/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com, openc...@googlegroups.com, ope...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Today I have updated the OpenBiomind-GUI version. The latest files is available for download at http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/openbiomind-gui-0.0.2.20080704-dev.zip. To download  the source code, please download revision 27 from http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/source/checkout. Following is an update on the features in this release:

1.       Able to execute DatasetTransfomer Task using Wizard

a.       Links the output folder (does not open any file)

2.       Changed the layout of EnhanceDataset Task Wizard

3.       Added menu items to visit OpenBiomind homepage and OpenBiomind-GUI homepage

http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind/issues/detail?id=2 is a known issue in this build.

Please give me your feedbacks and suggestions.

P.S.        I sent it to ope...@googlegroups.com since I was not sure everyone concerned with this GUI has been getting e-mail or not. I shall be sending most of my e-mails to openb...@googlegroups.com and openc...@googlegroups.com.

--

Best,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 6, 2008, 9:45:22 PM7/6/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com, openc...@googlegroups.com, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz

Hello,

I have again updated the dev release of OpenBiomind-GUI. Please visit http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/ and download the openbiomind-gui zip file that was modified last (as of now, it is openbiomind-gui-0.0.3.20080706-dev.zip, and the direct link is http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/openbiomind-gui-0.0.3.20080706-dev.zip).

Following is an update on the features in this release:

1.       Able to execute MetaTask task using Wizard

a.       Links the test/train files of input folder and all the out files of the output folder

2.       Now rather than linking the output folder directly in the DatasetTransformer, only the test/train files are linked (in separate folder for clarity)

3.       Replaced the radio buttons with combo box

--

Thanks,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 8, 2008, 11:50:12 PM7/8/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com, openc...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I’ve released a new version of OpenBiomind-GUI at http://muriloq.com/openbiomind (direct link http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/openbiomind-gui-0.0.4.20080708-dev.zip). Please also updated to OpenBiomind 0.70 from http://openbiomind.googlecode.com/files/openbiomind-bin_0.70.jar for all tasks to work properly.

Following is an update on the features in this release:

1.       Added the capability to Open and Edit the pipeline.properties file from the File menu, if it is set in the OpenBiomind Preferences

2.       Added following File menu commands

a.       Open File

b.      Print

c.       Restart

3.       Added Edit menu commands

a.       Undo, Redo

b.      Cut, Copy, Paste

c.       Delete

d.      Select All

e.      Find/Replace

4.       Fixed the problem of workspace not being saved at the end while quitting the workbench, due to which an exception was coming at the start of workbench

Please let me know about your suggestions and feedback.

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Jul 10, 2008, 10:24:27 PM7/10/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com, openc...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I’ve released a new version of OpenBiomind-GUI at http://muriloq.com/openbiomind (direct link http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/openbiomind-gui-0.0.5.20080710-dev.zip).

Following is an update on the features in this release:

1.       Implemented UtilityComputer task