Encoding Question

已查看 4 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

MachineLearning

未读,
2009年4月2日 22:10:182009/4/2
收件人 OpenBiomind
Can someone tell me about the kind of data representation that
OpenBiomind has to handle? I am interested in extending OpenBiomind to
support 1-2 different types of neural networks but my concern is about
special encoding requirements needed to present input to the network.
I understand the standard techniques for converting data to numerical
values (when needed) and performing normalization but does biological
data have any special requirements?

Ben Goertzel

未读,
2009年4月3日 00:30:472009/4/3
收件人 openb...@googlegroups.com、Lúcio de Souza Coelho
OpenBiomind has its own particular data format, which is described in
the OpenBiomind online docs, but there's nothing super-special about
it. Lucio could fill you in on the details.

Normalizing and "de-noising" biological data is often a **big deal**
-- a "black art" as they say -- and is particular to each type of data

For instance, if you want to apply OpenBiomind to MEG data, a lot of
the work will be figuring out the right preliminary transformations to
perform on the MEG data before feeding it into OpenBiomind...

We spent a lot of time playing with approaches to microarray data
normalization...

ben goertzel
--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC

"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."
-- Isaac Asimov
回复全部
回复作者
转发