OpenBiomind-GUI 0.1.0.20080818 Public Beta

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Aug 18, 2008, 6:21:25 PM8/18/08
to openb...@googlegroups.com, openc...@googlegroups.com, Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, Lúcio de Souza Coelho

Hello,

I have made a public beta release of OpenBiomind-GUI. Please download the version 0.1.0.20080818 Beta from http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/downloads/list or visit the project homepage at http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/. The downloads are also available at http://muriloq.com/openbiomind/.

You may want to look at following wiki pages before you start your work:

·         Read Me:            http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/wiki/ReadMe

·         About GUI:         http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/wiki/AboutGUI

·         Feature List:       http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/wiki/FeatureList

Following are few more links related to the project:

·         Blog:                      http://openbiomind-gui.blogspot.com/

·         Snapshots:          http://picasaweb.google.com/bsanghvi/OpenBiomindGUI/

·         Group:                  http://groups.google.com/group/openbiomind-gui/

·         Project Home:   http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind-gui/

I am thankful to my mentors Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz and Lúcio de Souza Coelho for their help and support. I am also thankful to the team at OpenCog, SIAI, and Google for providing me with this opportunity to work on OpenBiomind-GUI. I hope that this work will help in attracting more users for OpenBiomind.

--

Thanks,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Aug 18, 2008, 6:28:51 PM8/18/08
to Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openb...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I tried to create videos and upload them on YouTube (sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXt9ThzYUO0). However, I was not able to get video of better quality. Can someone please tell me some good alternative? I used CamStudio 2.5.b1 to create the video in AVI format (and the AVI files has good resolution when I view them on my laptop).

Regarding the tutorial, I was not able to complete that. I’ll keep working on that. Regarding the examples package, I did not include that. The reason for this is that I use links for the files, and if they are exported, even though the original file comes, while importing it back it will come as invalid link. Hence, I plan to create a tutorial with snapshots of the wizards and editors on the lines of OpenBiomind tutorial. My school starts on 25th and I have research related presentations before that, hence, if it is fine, I’ll keep working on that as and when I get time.

--

Best,

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz

Aug 19, 2008, 4:24:30 PM8/19/08
to Bhavesh Sanghvi, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openb...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Bhavesh Sanghvi <bsan...@cs.iastate.edu> wrote:

I tried to create videos and upload them on YouTube (sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXt9ThzYUO0). However, I was not able to get video of better quality. Can someone please tell me some good alternative? I used CamStudio 2.5.b1 to create the video in AVI format (and the AVI files has good resolution when I view them on my laptop).

Yeah, I heard another students have similar problems with Youtube and Google Video. What's the size of the original AVIs ? Perhaps we can host them in another place (e.g. muriloq.com)...

Regarding the tutorial, I was not able to complete that. I'll keep working on that. Regarding the examples package, I did not include that. The reason for this is that I use links for the files, and if they are exported, even though the original file comes, while importing it back it will come as invalid link. Hence, I plan to create a tutorial with snapshots of the wizards and editors on the lines of OpenBiomind tutorial.

I think that's fine.

My school starts on 25th and I have research related presentations before that, hence, if it is fine, I'll keep working on that as and when I get time.

Sure!

--
Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, MSc.
Senior Software Engineer

Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz

Aug 19, 2008, 4:28:18 PM8/19/08
to Bhavesh Sanghvi, openb...@googlegroups.com, openc...@googlegroups.com, Lúcio de Souza Coelho
Thanks a lot, Bhavesh. I'm very satisfied with your performance in this project; openbiomind-gui code is clean and well-organized, and your independence and skills were very important for its success. I'm glad you are in the team.

Bhavesh Sanghvi

Aug 19, 2008, 8:13:30 PM8/19/08
to Murilo Saraiva de Queiroz, Lúcio de Souza Coelho, openb...@googlegroups.com

I have not finished all the videos, but they are of size varying from 20 MB (setting preferences) to 60 MB (Enhance Dataset).The videos for other tasks will probably be bigger since a lot of video-time will be spent in the actual execution of the task (thereby a bigger video).

I am testing with Autopan video (with a smaller video dimension). That way probably I’ll get a better resolution.

I’ve sometimes seen higher resolution links at the bottom of YouTube video. There is no option to enable that by default, but it comes automatically for huge videos (but I am not sure what huge actually is).

--

Thanks,

Bhavesh Sanghvi