BFB3000 Hot End Repair

Matthew Jones

Nov 9, 2014, 12:46:23 PM11/9/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I had a thermistor die on me in my dual head BFB3000, so I'm currently planning out my repair on that hot end. Just after a few tips and tricks if anyone has any!

Have seen a few solutions about for the repair and not sure which way to go. I was just planning on reseating the thermistor with muffler sealant or similar, then patching the rest of the hot end up with fire cement. Would I be missing anything here? Wasn't sure if there were any other important seals etc that I was overlooking. Also, am I correct in assuming that the thermistor is the 204GT?

Any tips are much appreciated!

Cheers!
Matt

Unfold

Nov 11, 2014, 5:54:09 PM11/11/14
The BFB3000 hotend should be virtually the same as the DIY Rapman hotend, so you could go and check those build manuals to get a good look at the internals. The only difference is that the BFB3000 hotend (and the premade Rapman ones) are cast in silicone rubber instead of fire cement. You could also use fire cement to secure the thermistor and Kapton tape to finish it of.
You will need the 204GT 200K thermistor indeed (http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/public/bfb/gtthermistor.pdf).