BFB Rapman 3.1

Cornelius Rheeders

Oct 23, 2014, 4:13:37 AM10/23/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys.
I'm new to the bfb machines and I am fixing one for a friend, he received it as a gift but with no power supply.
I'm wondering if you could tell me what power supply the machine uses and maybe where I can find one?

Thanks
Cornelius

Unfold

Oct 23, 2014, 4:47:45 AM10/23/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Cornelius,

Welcome to the club! Funny to hear the sentence "new to the bfb machines" as they are almost dinosaurs now. :)

To answer your question: the Rapman comes standard with a 12V, 5A (=60W) power supply. More info: http://downloads.alibre.com/assets/rm_PSU60W.pdf

Just for reference if anyone ever needs it, the BFB3000 came with a larger 15V, 5.34A (=80W) power supply.
The electronic board is the exact same as Rapman and steppers are smaller so I guess this one had more capacity to power the 3 extruders. I have used both the 12V/60W and 15V/80W on Rapman and BFB3000 so I guess it really doesn't matter much. I think Ian (BFB) once mentioned that the boards can take voltages up to 24V but don't take my word on that!

Dries