Remove and replace extruders

asle erling borgen

Sep 2, 2019, 4:14:46 AM9/2/19
to OpenBFB
Hi, new member; Asle from Norway.
I have an old BFB3000+ with dual extruders, and a couple of years ago I cut all the wires on the controller, and started working on a RAMPS conversion.
After shorting 5V to ground with a screwdriver (trying to tune the pot on the stepstick) I lost all momentum and it was pusked to the side on the work bench.
I have recently started thinking about the "jazzmachine" (named by my wife after the noise it makes during printing) again, and have started to read up on new open source controllers again.

Long intro, here it comes:

I would like to remove as much of the moving mass as possible, in order to get an even more stable machine, is there anyone here that have mounted remote extruders on a BFB?

Best regards Asle