RapMan experimental extruder with linear stepper, how to adjust the PCB?

Unfold

Apr 6, 2014, 12:54:28 AM4/6/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have a question in regards to hooking up a linear actuator stepper to the Rapman. I’m building a paste extruder with linear actuator stepper so I can reliably test different clay bodies without having all the variability of air. With all my previous paste extruder experiments I just used the nema 17 extruder steppers that came with Rapman so never needed to adjust anything on the PCB. But now I have this 12V, 0.4A stepper: link

Model

   Step    distance mm/step

Motor Length L(mm)

Rate Voltage (V)

Rate Current (A)

Phase Resistance ( ¦¸ )

Phase Inductance (mH)

Holding Torque (g.cm)

 Lead Wire (NO.)

Rotor Inertia (g. c©O)

Motor Weight (kg)

39BYGL215A

0.01

34

12

0.4

30

42

2100

4

20

0.18

I guess I need to adjust that potmeter on the PCB but have no idea how/what, or if there is any risk in using this one? I believe the steppers on Rapman are 12V too right?

Thanks for the input.