OpenBEL - unsupported/unmaintained

William Hayes

Sep 2, 2019, 3:52:31 PM9/2/19
to openbel-discuss
OpenBEL is not being supported. All of the original maintainers have new roles and no one else has volunteered to take it over. A new effort supporting BEL, the BEL.bio Project is supported and has a BEL Language website that documents the current versions of BEL (>BEL 2.0) along with python-based BEL tooling and BEL terminology/orthology/etc resources.

If you have any content on the OpenBEL Wiki that you would like to keep or migrate somewhere else, I'm happy to help you with it. I'm not sure how long that server will be around.  None of the OpenBEL repositories on Github are going anywhere, but they are also unsupported/unmaintained.

Charlie Hoyt also suggested using a better forum for BEL, so BEL.bio is also hosting a Discourse Forum for BEL topics at https://forum.bel.bio/   That's where we'll be hosting BEL/BEL.bio related conversations.

BTW - If you have any BEL resources you would like to add to the https://bel.bio/resources/ page, please let me know or add a Pull Request at https://github.com/belbio/belws.