Best way to handle physiologic measures?

William Hayes

Jan 15, 2019, 11:55:12 AM1/15/19
to openbel-discuss
If I wanted to encode something like 'drugX increases lung function' - what's the best way to handle that?

Dexter Pratt

Jan 15, 2019, 7:01:08 PM1/15/19
to openbel...@googlegroups.com

I’d vote to start with a more specific term in an appropriate vocabulary

Here is MESH:Respiration

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/MESH?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FMESH%2FD012119

But it is still ambiguous what “increases” means.  How important is it to get the semantics exactly right?

William Hayes

Jan 15, 2019, 7:28:13 PM1/15/19
to Openbel Discuss
Semantics are pretty important. This is actually a question that Julia Hoeng asked me that I wasn’t sure how to answer.  We should be able to capture physiologic measures.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "openbel-discuss" group.