Status / Ownership of the Selventa Knowledgebase?

Dexter Pratt

Jun 4, 2019, 6:12:33 PM6/4/19
to openbel-discuss
Hi All,

Does anyone know what legal entity owns the Selventa KB?  And perhaps a person to be contacted?

The information in that KB still has value but it is rapidly aging. I want to put it into NDEx (www.ndexbio.org) for distribution and for use in the Cytoscape ecosystem, especially for some upcoming web tools that are aimed at end-user biologists.

I therefore want to contact them and make the case that it is time to donate the Selventa KB to the Cytoscape Consortium and take a tax write-off. We would then distribute it under a highly permissive open-source license.

If it turns out that it is already released and I missed it, then let me know where it is and I'll get started.

Thanks!

Dexter

Nimisha Schneider

Jun 4, 2019, 11:12:18 PM6/4/19
to openbel-discuss
Hi, I believe it is Alexion. Renee Kenney would have more details.
Best,
Nimisha

Dexter Pratt

Jun 5, 2019, 11:34:37 AM6/5/19