ElectionLeaflets: WA Senate Election

Keith

Mar 2, 2014, 11:42:40 PM3/2/14
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Morning list,

Just before I spend any time on it, but has anyone looked at doing an ElectionLeaflets for the WA Senate election?

Cheers,

Keith

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir

Mar 4, 2014, 12:33:29 AM3/4/14
to OpenAustralia Community
Technically you should just need a pull request with some SQL inserts
to add the election day and updating which parties are involved
https://github.com/maxious/electionleaflets/commit/ff129e2773640970cb2e11e4e402a7f89be20464
Then the electionleaflets.org.au site can be used.

It's also worthwhile considering some promotion in your community
(not-leaflet leaflets, talking to local media about what the site is
etc.)

Keith

Mar 4, 2014, 12:38:34 AM3/4/14
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Hmm I thought we'd added a GUI at /admin for that last year?

Matthew Landauer

Mar 4, 2014, 12:44:02 AM3/4/14
to openaustralia-dev
Yup we did. I'll happily give you access.

Given the importance of the Senate race in WA it would be criminal not to run electionleaflets.

Matthew

Keith

Mar 4, 2014, 1:03:13 AM3/4/14
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matthew

Any thoughts on how you'd like to handle parties being renamed? (e.g. 'No Carbon Tax Climate Sceptics' to 'FAP')

Is it best to create a new name and keep the history of leaflets issued under the old party or to rename them?

Matthew Landauer

Mar 4, 2014, 1:21:14 AM3/4/14
to openaustralia-dev
Hi Keith,

No worries.

I think not renaming makes the most sense to me. You create a new party and link that to the current election and keep past elections unchanged.

All the best,
Matthew