Hackfest GLOW Editions - 20-21 September

Henare Degan

Aug 13, 2014, 12:00:05 AM8/13/14
to openaustralia-dev
Hi all,

In case you missed the announcement we're having another hackfest - yay! It will be held on the 20th and 21st of September (not long now!) and we'll be focussing on parliaments, politicians and elections as part of Global Legislative Openness Week (GLOW).

You can RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/OpenAustralia-Foundation/events/194982632/

I've also created a Doc with useful resources for the day and a list of ideas for what to hack on that you can help add to: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KT9f6ko2SdTZEQySYSXkY07d-alLi-kf_gccExh03-w/edit#

I hope to see you all then.

Cheers,

Henare

P.S. We're still having our regularly scheduled pub meet in less than two weeks. It will be a great way to get a head start on discussing ideas to work on or finding people to hack with: http://www.meetup.com/OpenAustralia-Foundation/events/197859372/
--
Henare Degan
Volunteer & Director - OpenAustralia Foundation

e » hen...@oaf.org.au
w » www.openaustraliafoundation.org.au
t » @OpenAustralia

Rosie Williams

Aug 13, 2014, 4:56:49 AM8/13/14
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed the request for an authoritative repository of MP's contact details. In case people are not aware of it there are CSV's of contact details on the APH website:
http://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Guidelines_for_Contacting_Senators_and_Members/Address_labels_and_CSV_files#

Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)

 NoFibs.com.au - Open Data Reporter
 InfoAus.net - Founder and Developer

From: hen...@oaf.org.au
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:59:23 +1000
Subject: Hackfest GLOW Editions - 20-21 September
To: openaust...@googlegroups.com

Henare Degan

Aug 13, 2014, 7:16:38 PM8/13/14
to openaustralia-dev
On 13 August 2014 18:56, Rosie Williams <budg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I noticed the request for an authoritative repository of MP's contact details. In case people are not aware of it there are CSV's of contact details on the APH website:

Thanks Rosie that's a useful resource. However it's missing things like email address, social media accounts, etc.

There's a real mishmash of this available in various places at the moment and it would be great to consolidate it all somewhere *waves hands*

Cheers,

Henare

Rosie Williams

Aug 13, 2014, 9:07:40 PM8/13/14
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
You're right, it's not perfect and I didn't mean to suggest that it was. It does have some useful information however and is kept up to date so I thought I would share it with others in case they did not know of the existence of these CSV files.

From: hen...@oaf.org.au
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:15:56 +1000
Subject: Re: Hackfest GLOW Editions - 20-21 September
To: openaust...@googlegroups.com

Henare Degan

Sep 8, 2014, 10:45:24 PM9/8/14
to openaustralia-dev
Hi everyone,

In case you missed it, Hannah and Greg from the Federal Parliamentary Library will attending the GLOW hackfest next weekend (very exciting). They're really keen to learn how we use parliamentary data and the kinds of ways we approach these problems.

They will also be there to help answer questions about parliamentary information and processes. They've asked if we have any specific questions to send them through early so they can hunt down the best answers before the hackfest.

Please go ahead and ask them on the Meetup page and don't forget to sign up if you haven't already:

http://www.meetup.com/OpenAustralia-Foundation/events/194982632/

Cheers,

Henare

P.S. We recently doubled the number of RSVPs we have available so there's plenty of spots left. Please share the Meetup link with anyone you think might be interested.