NSW Election and introducing myself

Craig Lambie

Feb 13, 2015, 3:59:45 PM2/13/15
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I want to introduce myself, and chat with you about the upcoming election.

I am Craig Lambie - interested in Systemic Change, ideally replacing the "upper houses" of Australia with a citizens Jury style decision making system, like the NewDemocracy foundation are doing.
I am often considered left, however the lefties think I am to much of a capitalist to be a leftie, so I consider myself Centerist Politically as I mix business and respect for the environment well.

I am / was a IT developer.  I now coach and mentor Artists in Business at the Auspicious Arts Incubator where I am the CTO.

Political Involvement:
I volunteered for GetUp Renergise campaign in Melbourne, collecting hundreds of signatures and co-ordinating a huge team of people in the end, Obama style
I helped Cathy Oke for the Greens in the Melbourne By-Election.
I developed and ran AusCandidates for the Vic 2014 state Election.

NSW Election.
I am keen to run AusCandidates for the upcoming NSW state election.
It is a simple to find Video Playlist of Every Candidate in your electorate.

The job is huge:
- getting contact details for each candidate
- coaching them to make a video
- uploading and making the playlists (on Youtube)
- distributing flyers/ posters to election booths on election day
- taking down flyers/ posters after election day

Overall a huge job, but totally rewarding.
2 of the 4 seats I covered for Victoria changed hands from big party to minor party, and the vote came down to 40 odd votes.

As I can't attend your pub meets, would love to know your thoughts on this here?
Or maybe we could all meet in a hangout one day to discuss?

Thanks for reading.