Hi all.. hoping this list is still the best place to ask things..
I've spent my long weekend getting a dev environment built for openaustralia under windows.. I've solved all the normal "dev types forgetting windows even exists" kind of issues.. but i've got to the very last step and i can't get any decent data to load into the database??
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenAustralia Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openaustralia-...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to openaust...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/openaustralia-dev.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Not used slack yet, but i'll check it out..
The file you mention below loads beautifully.. so does April 18th.. however..
scrapedxml/representatives_debates/2007-09-20.xml (the file used
as the example on the install instructions) gives me DBD::mysql::st
execute failed: Incorrect time value: 'unknown' for column
scrapedxml/representatives_debates/2016-02-02.xml gives me DBD::mysql::st
execute failed: Incorrect time value: ' (MaribyrnongÔÇöLeader of
the Opposition) (14:43):' for column 'htime'
when you check that xml .. on line 781 .. the htime attribute of
the speech tag does indeed have that value.. however on the main
openaustralia site I can search and find that snippet.. so it must
have loaded somehow..
I'm assuming someone either spends way too much time hand
cleaning xml, or the parser (which i haven't got up and running
yet, i'm not a ruby guy) is able to silently discard bad data and
not critical now I have at least *some* data loaded so i can keep playing, but a little frustrating to say the least.. :)
grep'ing through those files confirms the htime attribute on some
of the speeches definitely has bad data in it.. which i would have
thought would have caused a problem
I'm assuming someone either spends way too much time hand cleaning xml, or the parser (which i haven't got up and running yet, i'm not a ruby guy) is able to silently discard bad data and keep working..