Show recent MP speeches on your Wordpress blog

Henare Degan

Dec 13, 2009, 3:47:42 AM12/13/09
to openaustralia-dev
Hi OpenAustralians,

I recently noticed on the tubes that someone made a Wordpress plugin
for TheyWorkForYou[0], naturally I tweeted[1] that we already had
one![2]

This afternoon I had a look at it and it's more focused on showing
recent speeches from your MP in a widget on your blog, which I thought
was quite cool. Given that Philip had generously licensed his code
under the GPL there was only one thing to do - adapt it for
OpenAustralia.org of course!

I present to you the adapted version of Philip's Wordpress plugin:
http://github.com/henare/oa4wp/

You can see it running on the side of my blog here:
http://www.henaredegan.com/blog/

Please take it for a spin and if you find any bugs, email back to the
list. There's a heap of little improvements I'd like to do to it -
I'll see how interested people are and adjust my effort on it
accordingly ;)

Cheers,

Henare

[0] http://talkaboutlocal.org/2009/12/09/add-theyworkforyou-com-to-your-wordpress-blog/
[1] http://twitter.com/henaredegan/status/6509065325
[2] http://code.google.com/p/poli-press/

Andrew Perry

Dec 13, 2009, 3:48:02 PM12/13/09
to openaust...@googlegroups.com
Cool!

I notice that it generally doesn't show the MP's name, which could be done in the title of the plugin (unless it provides an option to display multiple MPs in which case I guess you'd need it next to every speech).

Andrew

Henare Degan

Dec 13, 2009, 6:42:20 PM12/13/09
to openaustralia-dev
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 07:48, Andrew Perry
<andrew...@communitybuilders.com.au> wrote:
> Cool!
>
> I notice that it generally doesn't show the MP's name, which could be done
> in the title of the plugin (unless it provides an option to display multiple
> MPs in which case I guess you'd need it next to every speech).
>
> Andrew

Great feature idea - I've added the basic capability to show the MP's
name before the speeches.

Cheers,

Henare