Announcing FOSS4G NA 2016

Mateo C

Dec 26, 2015, 10:18:16 PM12/26/15
to Open Austin

Open Austinites -- Forwarding on this invite from our friend Sara Safavi of Austin Open Source GIS (ATXOSG). Think this is relevant to many of our interests in geospatial work.

Dear Austin geo-friends,

I would like to invite you to submit talk & workshop proposals for FOSS4G North America 2016. FOSS4G NA is North America's annual gathering for all things related to Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial. The conference will run May 2-5, 2016 at the Raleigh Convention Centerin Raleigh, North Carolina.

Interested in sharing your knowledge? We will be offering a free full access pass to speakers who have their talk or workshop accepted! Please see the call for proposals for details and to submit a proposal.

If you attended last year, you'll be excited to hear that the 2016 conference will be noticeably bigger than 2015. The list of topics include a number of mature areas as well as emerging ones. And if you've never attended a FOSS4G conference before, rest assured that first-timers are very welcome. Workshops and talks will include a mix of beginner and advanced topics, so everyone is sure to learn something new.

Also, public community voting on submissions has been enabled. Cast your vote for the presentations and workshops you would like to see!

On behalf of the FOSS4G NA 2016 Team Organizing Team, have a safe and happy holiday season!