Open Gov & Civic Tech Meetup on Monday, Oct 19 at Terrazas Library

Mateo C

Oct 15, 2015, 9:22:42 PM10/15/15
to Open Austin
Our next Open Gov & Civic Tech Meetup is Monday, Oct 19 at Terrazas Library.

Topic:
City of Austin's Open Data 2.0 Initiative

Open Austin believes 21st century governance can work for the people. We build open source technology and organize volunteers to envision government services made simple, effective, and accessible. Information is a service of government. Data is also a service of government (See FOIA). We know accessible data promotes better decisions and planning... And its fun to geek out on. Join us for this discussion.

The program starts about 7pm.

Open Austin hosts a monthly meet-ups, to discuss local open government and civic technology issues. Our meet-ups are free and open to the public.  The meetup location is easily accessed by public transportation and has plentiful parking.

For more information, visit our website: http://www.open-austin.org

If you'd like to make an announcement, please contact Mateo at in...@open-austin.org.

Terrazas Library (Google Maps) is located on Cesar Chavez just east of I-35. We will be in the back meeting rooms.