"Designing for 100% of America" Meetup Monday 2/22 & CodeAcross Saturday 3/5

Mateo Clarke

Feb 19, 2016, 9:26:10 AM2/19/16
to Open Austin

Monday 2/22: Open Gov & Civic Tech Meetup: Designing for 100% of America

At our next meetup this coming Monday, February 22nd, we're excited to welcome Ben Guhin, who was until very recently a UX Design Fellow at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Ben's presentation will touch on designing government services with ALL citizens in mind. This will cover accessibility, usability testing, and cross-channel services.

We'll also have an update from the City of Austin's Open Data Team. This week, they launched a new 90-day sprint with their data liaisons in each city department building on their work from 2015.

This Open Gov & Civic Tech Meetup will begin at 6:45pm at the Terrazas Branch Library.

Meetup/RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/Open-Austin/events/226494336/

Location: https://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1105+E.+Cesar+Chavez+St.,+Austin,+TX,+us

Saturday 3/5: CodeAcross Austin 2016

Finally, please mark off March 5th on your calendar and register for CodeAcross Austin 2016, our yearly national day of action event to kickoff a new cycle of civic design & tech projects. We're excited to partner with St. Edward's to host this event in the Munday Library, which is the same location that will host the June 3-5 ATX Hack for Change.

More Info: https://codeacrossaustin2016.eventbrite.com

CodeAcross Austin 2016 is an all day event organized by Open Austin that starts off an arc of civic and social good projects through the rest of the year. The event will bring together nonprofit leaders, policy experts, civil servants, urbanists, community organizers, designers, developers, data scientists, and anyone with a passion to make our city better. Our goal is to launch a new wave of community-developed civic design & tech projects for continued work at Civic Hack Nights & ATX Hack for Change.

Participants will collaborate, brainstorm, and prototype around problems that effect Austin residents within a number of themes and community needs. The event will revolve around a facilitated workshop that utilizes human-centered design principles and agile design sprints.