New to openaps. Rfm69hcw questions

Chris Johnstone

May 12, 2019, 11:43:22 PM5/12/19
to OpenAPS Dev
Hey guys. Super new to openaps and had some issues setting up the loop. Under the options for radio I have been selecting rfm69hcw (DIY SPI) as my radio unit. I'm using the adafruit rfm69hcw without the led (the one on the instructional). All attached to a pi zero w.

Is this the correct option for me? Also after that it asks me about the radio tags. Admittedly I know nothing and just selected the radiofuit option so I may be way off on this. I'm very techy and build a lot of my own electronics but I'm a bit stumped by this. Transceivers are something I've never even touched tbh.

In my logs for the loop I'm getting a failed preflight and after a few of those I get a message about being unable to connect to the rfm69hcw. Unexpected hardware version 0000 (expected 0204)

I can usually debug and work things out but I'm a wee bit lost here. Help would be appreciated thanks!

Scott Leibrand

May 12, 2019, 11:45:23 PM5/12/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
If you don’t get a response here, also try Gitter. The channel we use for discussing new hardware options is https://gitter.im/openaps/hardware-dev

Scott

Andrzej Pluta

May 13, 2019, 1:48:20 AM5/13/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your help
Andrew Pluta (Poland).

Laurie Nadeau

Jun 10, 2019, 6:33:18 PM6/10/19
to OpenAPS Dev
I am new. My biggest challenge at the moment is affordable sensors. I have the minimed 630 g that is covered with my insurance but they don’t cover my sensors so I’ve basically gone without for 2 yrs now. Are there any tips or suggestions on how to best afford sensors when cash paying?

AB Weedman

Jun 10, 2019, 6:51:22 PM6/10/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Laurie, Are you in the US? If so, which insurance/company? I work with ordering diabetes devices at a large diabetes clinic. It is highly unusual that cgm would not be covered at all for a person with T1. With a little more info, perhaps I can assist.