Re: [OpenAPS-dev] High School Student Getting Started

Message has been deleted

Dana Lewis

Sep 20, 2019, 11:44:35 AM9/20/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vishaka, check out the documentation here:

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 5:40 PM Vishaka Varshney <visha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello! I am a high school student doing research on OpenAPS and artificial pancreas systems. If I were to build the OpenAPS, where would I find the guide and how would I get started?

Thank you!

"Doing something for someone else is more important than anything you would do for yourself."
Message has been deleted

David Ashby

Sep 24, 2019, 3:51:15 AM9/24/19
to opena...@googlegroups.com

The Facebook groups CGM in the cloud and Looped are probably the best place for regular chat/feedback. The nightscout gitter is likely the best place for regular support from a dev perspective. The docs are pretty straight forward though: I built my first rig as a junior in high school I think, and the docs have gotten a lot better in the years since then. You’re also welcome to reach out to me directly with any specific questions. As the docs state it is DIY and you leading the charge on your own rig and learning is expected, but I, as well as pretty much everyone else in the community, would be willing to guide you over any hurdles you may face at any point in the process.

P.S. Are you a T1D with a compatible pump and CGM or are you researching from an academic perspective and are wanting to know how one would build it, but not how you can build it?

David Ashby

Bistreck