H2 file database problems

Thomas Holzmann

Dec 6, 2010, 5:24:00 AM12/6/10
to OpenAnzo
Hi,

I had the problem that the updateRepository call just needed too much
time on my system with a postrgres database (without timeout i aborted
all the time after 20 minutes, with timeout I got the message
"[COMBUS_ERROR] No Response from Server for request
7350487e-4db2-4bee-846b-d970b90d44e1"). Though, with H2 in-memory
database it seemed to work acceptable (normally about 2-3 minutes). So
I also tried H2 in-file and that is most of the times also more or
less acceptable (normally takes 3-5 minutes). So I decided not to try
further with postgres and just to use H2 at the moment.

However, sometimes openanzo with H2 also doesn't seem to respond
anymore. If I then try to restart openanzo server I get an exception
like "database connection already closed" while stopping openanzo.
After restarting everything seems to work fine for a while, then the
same problem occurs again.

So I suppose the database connection will be closed too early. Does
someone know a solution for this problem?

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas