openalpr-utils-calibrate

Donnie Moore

Jan 18, 2016, 4:21:41 PM1/18/16
to OpenALPR
Hi,

I'm trying to run "openalpr-utils-calibrate" in VM (running the cloud version" and I get "(Adjust OpenALPR Perspective:1011): Gtk-WARNING ***; cannot open display: Pure virtual method called - terminate called without an active exception"

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Matt

Jan 19, 2016, 7:46:55 AM1/19/16
to OpenALPR
The openalpr-utils-calibrate utility requires a GUI to run.  You could use the Windows version (https://github.com/openalpr/openalpr/releases/download/v2.2.0/openalpr-2.2.0-win-64bit.zip) and then copy-paste the calibration configuration settings into your Linux VM.

Donnie Moore

Jan 20, 2016, 3:24:05 AM1/20/16
to OpenALPR
Thanks!  That worked

Michael Bethers

Apr 25, 2016, 9:11:55 PM4/25/16
to OpenALPR
Apparently I'm thicker than Donnie.  I was able to run the windows version of the calibration tool.  and I get an ouput that is prewarp = planar, .....
How do I copy-paste the calibration.  I tried a straight copy paste, but prewarp does not appear to be a command.  What am I missing?
Thanks.

Matt

Apr 25, 2016, 9:26:37 PM4/25/16
to OpenALPR
The config option is in /etc/openalpr/openalpr.conf

You can edit this file with:
sudo nano /etc/openalpr/openalpr.conf

And then replace the value for "prewarp = ..."

I'm working on making this whole process web-based, so hopefully it will be much easier in the future.
Message has been deleted

Michael Bethers

Apr 25, 2016, 11:37:39 PM4/25/16
to OpenALPR
Got it! Thanks.

lior...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2018, 7:43:25 PM10/20/18
to OpenALPR
Hey Matt,

Is it possible "openalpr-utils-calibrate" to via the web?

(mac user here)