Officially deprecated: host_venue and alternate_host_venues

Jason Portenoy

May 5, 2023, 1:58:13 PM5/5/23
to OpenAlex users
The `host_venue` and `alternate_host_venues` properties have been deprecated in favor of `primary_location` and `locations`.

`host_venue` and `alternate_host_venues` are no longer available in the Work object, and trying to access them in filters or group-bys will return an error.

Venues have been deprecated for several months. We have been meaning to remove it from the schema, but we needed to do some cleanup which hasn't happened until now. We should have given a few days notice where we announced on this group that we were completely removing these objects from works. That was our bad. We'll do better in the future.