Author Disambiguation Details

Steve Eichert

Mar 16, 2023, 4:48:49 PM3/16/23
to OpenAlex users
Hello All,
Have any details been published or shared regarding how the latest author disambiguation process works?  I know it's a difficult problem and it appears you are making great strides.  I'd be very interested in any of the underlying details that are available to be shared.  As others have stated having visibility into the metrics used to evaluate the methods as well as any details on how it currently works would be great to share.

Best,
Steve

Casey Meyer

Mar 17, 2023, 10:44:43 AM3/17/23
to Steve Eichert, OpenAlex users, Justin Barrett
Hi Steve,

No, we've not published anything yet. We're still in a cycle of making improvements, and with the changes we are making it's best to wait on documenting or releasing the code.

As you have probably seen, we have a strong commitment to transparency, so it's on our roadmap to openly document how author disambiguation works, and release the underlying code and models that power it. We'll keep you updated!

Thanks,
Casey

Casey Meyer
Developer - OpenAlex, Unpaywall
OurResearchWe build tools to make scholarly research more open, connected, and reusable—for everyone.