Speaker for Advanced Economics of Ideas Summer Camp

C Y

Jul 2, 2024, 12:12:35 AMJul 2
to OpenAlex Community

Dear and lovely OpenAlex,

I'm writing today because I'd love to invite OpenAlex speakers(developers, contributors, or admins) to speak at our IdeaLab Advanced Economics of Ideas Summer Camp. We're proposing July 24, 2024, from 9:00AM to 10:00 AM Beijing time(July 23, 2024, from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM CST) on Zoom online session. But if that doesn't work, we're happy to chat for another time that suits you better.

Our camp has got some brilliant minds - leading scholars in economics, innovation, and policy who either use OpenAlex a lot or are planning to. We'd be thrilled if you could introduce OpenAlex to these top Chinese scholars. It would also be great if we could chat about how to help with Chinese name disambiguation.

Let me tell you a bit about IdeaLab. We're all about pushing innovation and teamwork in economic research. Our summer camp runs two times a year since 2023 and gathering small community of innovation scholars who want to dedicate their research in pushing the boundary of economic of ideas research. We really admire OpenAlex's values and what you've achieved - it fits so well with what we're trying to do. Your commitment to openness, progress, practical solutions, sustainability, and community is just amazing.

We'd be over the moon to have you speak. Your insights would be invaluable to our academic community, helping them see why these values matter so much in advancing economic research.

If you're up for it, we'd love you to do a presentation about OpenAlex datasets, followed by a Q&A. It's a great chance for everyone to learn about your work and ask questions.

Your participation would really help push economic ideas forward. We'd be so grateful if you could let us know if you're available. And please, if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you so much for considering our invitation. We're really excited about the possibility of working with OpenAlex and creating something special together.

Please feel free to e-mail me at chench...@gmail.com.

All the best,

Yacheng Yang
PhD Student

Tsinghua SEM-INSEAD Join Supervision PhD Program
IdeaLab Community

Jason Portenoy

Jul 8, 2024, 9:27:59 AMJul 8
to OpenAlex Community
Hi Yacheng,

Thanks very much for the invite. We will respond to you off this board in a direct email.

OpenAlex Team