Contrasted icons

Vincent L.

Mar 27, 2024, 2:00:05 AMMar 27
to OpenAIP - Aviation Data Platform

Current icons (airports, runways, ..) are not working well with dark maps.

Would it be possible to get access to your script to build sprites ? So that I could easily add all airports icons in a white version (and update images at runtime with Mapbox).

I found this git repo which is outdated.

Or maybe you’re now using Mapbox Studio ?

Thanks,

Vincent

openaip net

Mar 27, 2024, 2:25:42 AMMar 27
to OpenAIP - Aviation Data Platform
Hi Vincent,

we are indeed using Mapbox Studio to build the sprites. That's also the reason why the repo was deprecated. Building the sprites is quite a pain especially integrating it into the CI/CD pipeline. We decided to simply let mapbox handle the generation which is only required a few times a year. The sprites are also hosted on mapbox and our defined OpenAIP style directly pulls the sprites from mapbox servers.
Since the style repo was deprecated, there were only a few additions (reporting points, hang gliding sites, rc-airfields - recently added) and no changes to existing icons. I can send you the current set of svgs if you like if you require all of them.

Cheers,

Stephan