Great news!!!!!

martin_gnu

Oct 30, 2007, 1:02:12 PM10/30/07
to open_cad_format
I have received this mail from zoltan....@t-online.hu:

Hello,

Two days ago I sent this e-mail to fr...@gcad3d.org, but I did not
receive an answer !!!

I would like to inform you that I added the gCAD3D .gcad file format
(fully colored) loader module to the 3D Object Converter. It is a
polygon based 3d object file format converter program and it is
supports 468 (487 /with the latest update/) file formats !

Here I attached some nice colored .3ds models and the converted .gcad
files I created with my program.
I tested it with the gCAD3D and I think it is working fine.

I don't know the gCAD32 supports the textured n-sided polygons ?

Regards,
Zoltan Karpati
Developer

"Martín RV (OPENGeoMap)"

Oct 30, 2007, 1:07:01 PM10/30/07
to open_ca...@googlegroups.com

I would like to inform you that I added the gCAD3D .gcad file format
(fully colored) loader module to the 3D Object Converter. It is a
polygon based 3d object file format converter program and it is
supports 468 (487 /with the latest update/) file formats !

I answer to Zoltan talking about the name .oca and the possible logos we have here:
http://groups.google.com/group/open_cad_format/files

open_cad_format_logos.zip

We need dedice the final logo to the open_cad_format to use Zoltan !!!!

Regards.

martin_gnu

Oct 30, 2007, 1:12:39 PM10/30/07
to open_cad_format

Koltan send me files in open_cad_format:

http://groups.google.com/group/open_cad_format/files

the file is:
converted_gcad_models.zip

Regards.

Franz Reiter

Oct 31, 2007, 2:07:44 PM10/31/07
to open_ca...@googlegroups.com, zoltan....@t-online.hu
Hallo,

concerning:

> I don't know the gCAD32 supports the textured n-sided polygons ?

Graphic-Attributes-Description:

# Graphic Attributes must be defined in the "GraphicAttributesTABle";
it is located in the dynamicDataZone of the modelfile.
The GraphicAttributesTABle starts with "GATAB" end ends with "ENDGATAB".

The dynamicDataZone is before the geometric objects and ends
with the lines ":DYNAMIC_DATA".

Definition of coloured surface:
<ObjectID> C<color>
color is 3 X 2 hex-chars (RRGGBB); green is "C00ff00"

Definition of transparent surface:
<ObjectID> T<transparent>
T transparent; 0=not, 1=50% transparent, 2=full transparent
colour & transparency can be combined.

Definition of Linetype for Lines, Curves:
<ObjectID> T<typeNr>
T typeNr 2=dash, 3=dashDot.

Definition of textured surfaces:
<ObjectID> X"symbolPath/bmpFilNam",X-scale,Y-Scale,X-Offset,Y-Offset,RotAng
Offsets are Values from 0-1
RotAng in degree

Definition of symbolic surfaces (displays only the outLine of the surf):
<ObjectID> S1

Definition of hidden surfaces:
<ObjectID> H

Example graf. Attributes:
before starting gcad3d put the following lines into
the file <BaseDirectory>/temp/Model (this is the Startup-Model):

# first block=DynamicDataArea, ends with ":DYNAMIC_DATA"
# DefaultColor
DEFCOL 224 224 242
GATAB
# Linetype; 2=dash, 3=dashDot.
L20 T2
L21 T3
# color green, semiTransparent
A20 C00ff00 T1
# textures
A21 X"Data/sample_Stein1.bmp",5,5,0,0,15
A22 X"Data/sample_Ziegel1.bmp",5,5,0,0,0
ENDGATAB
:DYNAMIC_DATA
# here starts geometric-object-space
L20=P(0 0 0) P(50 0 0)
L21=P(0 0 0) P(50 50 0)
# 3 surfaces from rectangles
S20=REC P(50 0 0) D(50 0 0) D(0 50 0)
S21=REC P(50 0 0) D(0 50 0) D(0 0 20)
S22=REC P(50 50 0) D(50 0 0) D(0 50 0)
A20=S20
A21=S21
A22=S22

I think, textures at the moment only work with planar (perforated) surfaces;
for not-planar surfaces we should add some infos how to position
the texture (origin, normal-vector ?). Any hints ?

Next version V1.14 will have:
- circs from 3 tangent obj's,
- pointClouds (PTAB's) from ascii-files,
- Meshes from PTAB's (Delauney-meshing)

After that (V1.16) we will try to improve texturing sufaces;
- textures also from jpg-files
- texturing meshes & non-planar surfaces

Franz.