dxflib works fine

martin_gnu

Jun 14, 2008, 9:18:18 AM6/14/08
to open_cad_format
Hi:

I have used this week DFXlib created be Andrew (QCAD) and works fine.
It´s really amazing, easy and complete.
It have an intermediate API to polylines 2d and 3D. That´s great.

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/dxflib.html
congratulations for your work andrew!!!

DXFlib it´s really free software. I am seeing very strange things with
DIME library...

I am working very hard in Autocad and microstation .NET APIs in my
job, and preparing and scheme to an intermediate API useful to create
exporters and importers to this CADs in my free time.

In Microstation with C# have full access to microstation V8 and V8 XM
and DWG, DXF, DGN2 and DGN1 formats in a native way. We have only COM
api by now
In Autocad by COM we need compile 2 apps. The one for autocad
2004,2005 and 2006. The other for autocad 2007, 2008 and 2009. The
source code in c# it´s the same but we need compile 2 differents
applications.
In autocad nowdays we have a managed classes API over ARCX by used it
from .NET.
Therefore nowadyas we have COM and managed classes (more efficient). It
´s seems like managed classes it´s the future.

Franz free GCAD already hehe. We have VALA amazing language to play
with your sorce code hehe:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala
At the end of the year we have VALA finished and we can share some c#
code between .NET and VALA or at least port c# code to VALA in a easy
way.

Regards.

H.S.Rai

Jul 31, 2008, 2:00:22 AM7/31/08
to open_cad_format

On 14 Jun, 18:18, martin_gnu <opengeo...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> http://www.ribbonsoft.com/dxflib.html
> congratulations for your work andrew!!!

I tried to compile on Ubuntu, and got warnings like these.

./src/dl_dxf.cpp (reading /usr/include/stdio.h, line 34): cannot find
include file "stddef.h"
not in ./src/stddef.h
not in /usr/include/stddef.h

But going ahead ignoring warning, it produce library. But I have doubt
that it will not work because of above warnings. Can you help me in
resolving issue.

Further, I could not find any example i full or tutorial to start
with. Can you send me one example with minimum work (may be just to
draw a line), so that it give me head start.

--
H.S.Rai

Martin (OpenGeoMap)

Jul 31, 2008, 2:32:33 AM7/31/08
to open_ca...@googlegroups.com
H.S.Rai escribió:

On 14 Jun, 18:18, martin_gnu <opengeo...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/dxflib.html
congratulations for your work andrew!!!

I tried to compile on Ubuntu, and got warnings like these.

./src/dl_dxf.cpp (reading /usr/include/stdio.h, line 34): cannot find
include file "stddef.h"
	not in ./src/stddef.h
	not in /usr/include/stddef.h

I compile it in windows with mingw (native g++ port to windows) and works fine. I can not use the Makefile, and configure the source code by hand. Try configure all source code in linux by hand also¿?¿?

With netbeans for C/C++ is really easy:
http://www.netbeans.org/features/cpp/index.html

You only need import all c++ source code to the project and configure the header path for the project.

Netbeans rocks!!!. It´s very easy build complex multiplatform apps for windows/mac os and linux.

H.S.Rai

Aug 8, 2008, 10:39:40 PM8/8/08
to open_cad_format

On Jul 31, 11:32 am, "Martin (OpenGeoMap)" <mar...@opengeomap.org>
wrote:

> > I tried to compile on Ubuntu, and got warnings like these.
>
> > ./src/dl_dxf.cpp (reading /usr/include/stdio.h, line 34): cannot find
> > include file "stddef.h"
> >    not in ./src/stddef.h
> >    not in /usr/include/stddef.h

I found it compile fine and works although with all warnings as stated
above.

I could use point, line, but polyline I could not understand.

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcadlib_dxflib_classref.html

If I can get help like how to have a polyline with 3 points (vertices.

Thanks in advance.

--
H.S.Rai