open cad format

di...@steuwer.de

May 16, 2008, 11:05:09 AM5/16/08
to open_ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

My suggestion for an OpenCad format would be to look at vtk, since it is widespread in academic use and GPL Licensed. See here for a definition of the format:
http://www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf

The company behind it is kitware.com and the Graphical UI is called Paraview. I might be worthwhile to include vtk in you comparison.

Take a look at the caelinux.com Distribution. It has the mentioned software and much more installed onto a LiveDVD ready to try.

Regards,
Dirk

Martin (OpenGeoMap)

May 16, 2008, 11:27:12 AM5/16/08
to open_ca...@googlegroups.com

> Hi Folks,
>

> My suggestion for an OpenCad format would be to look at vtk, since it is widespread in academic use and GPL Licensed. See here for a definition of the format:
> http://www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf

It愀 sound very interesting.

> The company behind it is kitware.com and the Graphical UI is called Paraview. I might be worthwhile to include vtk in you comparison.
>
> Take a look at the caelinux.com Distribution. It has the mentioned software and much more installed onto a LiveDVD ready to try.

It愀 great.

caelinux-salome It seem like a fork from opencascade but more complete.

http://www.salome-platform.org/download/dl326/

I add this new libraries here:
http://groups.google.es/group/open_cad_format/web/free-libraries

Regards.