Export from DGN2

martin_gnu

Jan 10, 2008, 5:04:40 PM1/10/08
to open_cad_format
Hello friends:

I want comment you several doubts that I have regarding the best DGN2
- > OCA export

1)
First of all. It is very very simple an 100% export compatible script
from microstation...

2)

Method of file creation.
-Iterate all the layers of the file DGN
-create an iterator with all entities in that layer
-Iterate all the objects that we have in each layer
- Only to print styles when the following entity has different
properties to the previous one

Example:

-layer
style (color, stroke,...)
line
line
point
-layer
style
text
style
text
point
point
style
circle

is this method good???.

3)

Texts. Microstation has the same as illustrator, HTML-cass,
photoshop... a complete configuration for text styles. does it make
sense be able to use the same styles that are used in CCS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_Style_Sheets

file1.ocaz
{
file1.oca
style.css
paper_space1.svg
paper_space2.svg
}

4)

database connections. We have study the posibility to work in
databases like autocad or microstation.
Entities could have asociated database register with a database
connection.
It´s very easy to implement this option in the OCA format.

5)

It´s easy and quick create OCA files from autocad, ArcGIS,
Microstation APIs, but I think it would be great create an external
API to read OCA files and export DXF or other kind of CAD file.

Franz, We need your code for this!!! hehehe
We have DIME library to export DXF files in all versions...

6)

From Microstation and Autocad APIs i only can export OCA file without
parametric dependencies.
From CATIA it would be posible create script to create OCA files with
parametric dependencies????

Example with parametric dependencies:
P20=
P21=
L20=P(0 -1.25 13) P(0 -1.25 15.987)

Example without parametric dependencies:

P20=P(0 -1.25 13)
P21=P(0 -1.25 15.987)
L20=P20 P21

Regards.

Franz Reiter

Jan 11, 2008, 1:13:51 PM1/11/08
to open_ca...@googlegroups.com
Hallo,

ad:

> but I think it would be great create an external
> API to read OCA files and export DXF or other kind of CAD file.
> Franz, We need your code for this!!! hehehe
> We have DIME library to export DXF files in all versions...

Input:
read the ascii-oca-code;
make all necessary computations (project, intersect, ..);
stored it as binary objects (you have now pretty simple objects
for display and export)
Output:
write all stored objects as dxf.

Is it that what you want ?
I will check the dime-lib in the next days ..

> From CATIA it would be posible create script to create OCA files with
> parametric dependencies????

catia exports excellent step-files; importing step-files represents the
parametric structure very good.
I think that this is a good way to get an oca-file from catia-models ?

Regards.

Franz

"Martín RV (OPENGeoMap)"

Jan 11, 2008, 1:02:38 PM1/11/08
to open_ca...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

but I think it would be great create an external
API to read OCA files and export DXF or other kind of CAD file.
Franz, We need your code for this!!! hehehe
We have DIME library to export DXF files in all versions...

Input:
read the ascii-oca-code;
make all necessary computations (project, intersect, ..);
stored it as binary objects (you have now pretty simple objects
  for display and export)
Output:
write all stored objects as dxf.

Is it that what you want ?
I will check the dime-lib in the next days ..

Great. I think it would be very interesting have a console applications to do conversions by command line like f2c (fortran to c):
http://www.netlib.org/f2c/
f2c.exe file1.f
and we get file1.c
f2c is used by SCILAB.

In this way we can make console calls like this:
oca_dxf.exe file.oca

and we get file.dxf

If we have this EXE we can have separated APIs:
OCA_READ API
OCA_TO_DXF API (oca in binary format, DXF in DIME binary format)
PRINT_DXF  API (using DIME library)

From CATIA it would be posible create script to create OCA files with
parametric dependencies????

catia exports excellent step-files; importing step-files represents the
parametric structure very good.
I think that this is a good way to get an oca-file from catia-models ?

Yes but, can  you free your code to do this task hehe???

Regards.