[openARweb] Discussions on FPML, KML, X3D etc.

Phil Archer

May 12, 2010, 9:14:24 AM5/12/10
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The discussion on this list concerning things like the putative FPML,
uses of KML, X3D etc. is exactly the kind of open discussion we're
hoping to have at the W3C Workshop next month [1]. Why is a certain
combination of standards good or bad? What's already done, what's missing?

W3C Workshops are places where future activities start, not end. They're
about discovering what the common problems are and what the community
might wish to do to solve those problems.

So, on behalf of my fellow chairs, can I urge folk on this open
standards-based mailing list to share experience at the workshop on
15-16 June, collocated with Mobile 2.0 which takes place the following
day in Barcelona.

Really hope to see some folk from this list there.

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/04/W3C-augmented-reality-workshop-omweb.htm

--

Phil Archer
W3C Mobile Web Initiative

http://philarcher.org
+44 (0)1473 434770
@philarcher1

ThomasWrobel

May 12, 2010, 9:35:58 AM5/12/10
to Open ARweb
I wont be able to make it myself, but I'll be submitting a positional
paper.

There is certainly a need to discus the common problems to be solved,
as this is such a huge field with so many challenges
its easy to get lost in the specifics.
I look forward to seeing what comes out of the meeting.
> W3C Mobile Web Initiativehttp://www.w3.org/Mobile

Mike Liebhold

May 12, 2010, 1:22:25 PM5/12/10
to open...@googlegroups.com, Phil Archer
thanks for the open invitation phil, the travel costs, are prohibitive
for me, but I like others would really like to participate. would you
consider like other w3c groups to open up an irc chanel for the
meeting? likewise can we settle now on a twitter hashtag; e.g.#w3cARweb ?

meanwhile we can sketch out lots of ideas here.

-mike

Blair

May 13, 2010, 9:25:18 AM5/13/10
to Open ARweb
I'd love to go, but the timing makes it impossible for me (other
commitments those days) and the cost to go is too high to send a
student or another colleague (especially compared to sending them to a
more useful academic conference). Sorry. :(
> W3C Mobile Web Initiativehttp://www.w3.org/Mobile

MetaverseOne

May 13, 2010, 6:10:01 PM5/13/10
to Open ARweb
Hello Phil,
I will be in Barcelona at that time, have experiences to share, and
figure there will be lots to discuss from the Web3D Consortium
standards workshop that will be taking place during the A.R.E. event
in San Jose June 2. Contact you directly soon.

cheers,
Damon Hernandez