Question about memory build up in the server when creating monitored items

Twoshrubs

May 11, 2023, 8:38:47 AM5/11/23
to open62541
Hello,

I have an observation while running the CTT on V1.3.5. When running the Monitor items tests, the CTT creates thousands of monitored items.. during this time the memory goes from about 15MB to 200MB.

If you run the test again the memory will raise to about 340MB. The server never seems to release this memory. I expect memory to increase, but I also would have thought for it to recover as the subscriptions/monitored items are deleted

just for reference.. Valgrind does not pick up any memory leaks/issues with the code.. I can leave my server running for days without any change of memory.

Just wondering if this is normal or a possible issue with something I have done?

Thank you for any advice..

Twoshrubs