Socket API does not support select and poll

Marco Reichert

May 1, 2023, 4:55:30 AM5/1/23
to open62541
Hello,

we are using on our embedded device a socket API in non-blocking mode without support for the posix socket methods select() and poll().

At least in older versions of the stack the poll() method was not used.
When upgrading to the latest version we now face the problem that UA_poll() is called in method connection_write().

We currently return value 1 for every call of UA_poll() and for us everything seems to work so far.

Is there any situation where this behaviour can become  a problem?

With kind regards
Marco

Julius Pfrommer

May 10, 2023, 5:01:26 AM5/10/23
to open62541
Hey there,

The latest v1.3.6 release contains a similar change for the wec7 architecture.

As far as I recall on master we are always using non-blocking sockets.
However, when the outgoing queue is full, we poll to wait for the send-queue to free up again.

Feel free to propose changes that we should consider.

Regards, Julius