Error message reason string

paul rabe

Feb 7, 2024, 10:28:12 AMFeb 7
to open62541
Hi everyone,

what has to be done to get an error reason string from the server in case of an error ?
I am getting only the error code and the associated error string by calling UA_StatusCode_name().
The reason string is always empty.

Open62541 log entry:
62541.channel: Connection 672 | SecureChannel 5 | Received an ERR response with StatusCode BadServiceUnsupported and the following reason:

Wireshark shows also an empty reason field.

I am using Open62541 1.3.5 for my client
The server is the official OPC Foundation LDS.
(I am trying to register there)

thanks and regards
Paul
err-wireshark.jpg

Julius Pfrommer

Feb 15, 2024, 5:57:44 AMFeb 15
to open62541
Dear Paul,

the Foundation LDS server does not support the RegisterServer2 service.
This is now handled in the 1.4 release candidate.

If you can upgrade to the 1.4 release candidate, please do.
Otherwise give us a heads-up.

Regards, Julius