Guidance on Updating EEPROM Values and Server Nodes

thomas lomain

May 26, 2024, 6:29:40 PMMay 26
to open62541

Hi everyone,

I need some guidance on the best approach to update an eeprom value from a client and reflect that change in a server node. Here are the two methods I've considered:

  1. Using a variable value callback:

    • During startup, I read the eeprom value and write it to a variable node.
    • When a client writes to this node, an onWrite callback is triggered to update the eeprom.
    • The onread callback is stubbed out.
  2. Using a method:

    • During startup, I read the eeprom value and write it to a variable node
    • The eeprom is updated when the method is called.
    • The method updates a variable node when its called

Which of these methods is the most appropriate for updating an eeprom value and ensuring the server node reflects this value? Any suggestions or alternative approaches would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Thomas