Connect to multiple OPC-UA Servers

fabudor

Mar 27, 2024, 6:09:48 AMMar 27
to open62541
Hi,

I created an application in which I connect (async) to multiple OPC-UA Servers using one eventloop.
This is working fine until one or more of the OPC-UA servers are offline.
If that happens the other connections will also drop.

Before I created the application I assumed that async functions from the OS were used for connecting, reading and writing. This is unfortunately not the case.

I would like some advice on how to tackle this issue. My first solution would be to have an eventloop in a dedicated thread for every connection, but that could become very expensive when connecting multiple (100+) OPC-UA servers.

Thanks in advance!