SKS SecurityGroups Management

Muddasir shakil

Jul 15, 2022, 6:15:44 AMJul 15
to open62541

I am working on adding support for SecurityGroups in Open62541. So far I am able to add SecurityGroups Object in the information model pretty straight forward. SecurityGroup Object represent the message security settings and security Keys for PubSub communication in a SKS. Also defines access to the security keys in SKS by means of Role Permission set on Security Group Objects. Role permissions can be managed by Access Control plugin from Application side.

I have seen the code for other PubSub components like wirtergroup and readergoup. They are managed as  C objects and added to the server in their dedicated list and optionally added to the information model. Do Security Group Object has to be managed similarly as other PubSub componets are managed? Or they should be managed as OPC UA nodes?