Basic understanding of open62541

Malte Hering

Oct 21, 2021, 7:33:16 AM10/21/21
to open62541
Hello everyone, I am a student and have to create an OPC UA server and client for a course.

Unfortunately, I still have difficulties understanding the system behind the Open62541. I have considered a system based on the examples you can tell me whether this is correct or whether there are other options.

Our system: I have another program that enters new values ​​in local files. The server must read the files.
InformationModel
MaschineA1:
  • Name
  • Description
  • MaschineB1
    • Name
    • Description
    • Value
      • State
      • Unit (°C)
  • MaschineC1
    • Name
    • Description
    • Value
      • State
      • Unit (rpm)
  • MaschineD1
    • Name
    • Description
    • Value
      • State
      • Unit (Power)

Currently I have understood that you have to create each TypeNode and ValueNode individually. To do this, I have to save all NodeIds in order to access the individual nodes and then store new values. I would redistribute new values ​​with a repeating callback.

If I make the values ​​accessible with a data source, I still have to read the files regularly to trigger events.

Is it correct that way ?

best regards
Malte