Configure open62541 for Encryption

Douglas Lewis

Jul 6, 2022, 2:46:19 PM7/6/22
to open62541
My environment:
- Host is PC with MinGW64
- open62541 ver 1.2.5
- openssl ver 1.1.0
- Target is 32-bit ARM with Linux

I'm piecing together how to configure open62541 for encryption in cmake.  I've run into a setting that I have not been able to determine the correct value:

OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR

Is this the "top" directory of where the openssl code is or where the openssl binary image is or where the openssl libraries are?

Below is the specific error I'm getting when I run Configure in cmake-gui:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.23/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the
system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARY)

Thanks,

Doug

Julius Pfrommer

Aug 3, 2022, 4:39:20 AM8/3/22
to open62541
Hmm. Maybe this is looking for the openssl binary.
Typically installed in /usr/bin.

On my box (Debian) this option is not even set.

I have only
 OPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARY           /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so
 OPENSSL_INCLUDE_DIR              /usr/include
 OPENSSL_SSL_LIBRARY              /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so

Regards, Julius