PubSub subscriber issue decoding multiple DataSetMessages from a single packet

Martin Dahl

Oct 6, 2021, 7:08:15 AM10/6/21
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

PubSub packet decoder on master branch does not seem to support multiple DataSetMessages in a single packet.

i.e. when setting

   writerGroupConfig.maxEncapsulatedDataSetMessageCount = 3;

for a writerGroup and having multiple dataset writers on that group, the packet are sent out as expected (confirmed in Wireshark) but the DataSetreader will only be able to properly decode the first DataSet.  There is no issue when maxEncapsulatedDataSetMessageCount is set to 1, i.e. one DatasetMessage/packet.

Can somebody confirm this behavior (in which case I will post a bug on github), or the other way round: can somebody confirm that it should work?

Thanks,
Martin

Martin Dahl

Oct 8, 2021, 7:57:31 AM10/8/21
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

to answer myself, I tried to reproduce this after a short discussion during the community call to prepare a bug report.

The issue has been reported internally on Git-Revision: v1.2.2-440-gf7e679a3, but it cannot be reproduced with Git-Revision: v1.2.2-488-g00da0e86.

I therefore consider this solved for the time being.

Best,

Martin